This underpins the philosophy that small changes on a face can have huge visual impact yet still remain understated and undetectable. This is the look of our time…..
Wrinkles and fine lines aren’t just tell-tale signs of ageing, brow frowns and wrinkles around the eyes, like crow’s feet, can also make you look tired or ‘hard’.
Botulinum toxin (BOTOX) is actually an FDA-approved medicine and the most well-known brand is BOTOX. BOTOX is a very popular cosmetic treatment used to treat wrinkles on the face and neck.
Because BOTOX injections are unregulated in the UK, it is essential to use fully qualified practitioners such as Aquatic Cosmedics to avoid anti-wrinkle treatments that may result in a frozen forehead or total lack of facial expression.
BOTOX is a muscle relaxing agent which lasts about 3-4 months. By relaxing the muscles involved in repetitive movements of the face such as frowning, the overlying skin has a chance to repair itself and over time, existing wrinkles will soften and new ones won’t have a chance to form. This can be achieved without the “frozen look” and can be so subtle and not easily noticeable!
BOTOX Treatment Prices
Hyperhidrosis (per area)
Each label on the image represents an area where BOTOX has best effects on, ALSO, a treatment area.
BOTOX is a naturally purified protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum, that works as a muscle relaxant. This bacterium makes several types of protein which are called type A to type F. Botulinum Toxin Type A is the one that is FDA approved for the improvement of fine lines and wrinkles. Its often prescribed by doctors in the UK to treat medical conditions such as chronic migraines, eyelid spasms, and even hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating in the armpits, hands and feet).
You may need to repeat treatment approximately every 3-4 months over a 12-month period to maintain your fresh and natural appearance. Clinical trials report that some patients who’ve had treatment over 12 months only need further treatments once or twice the following year. The medical practitioner will give you all the advice you need.
It normally takes 5-7 days for BOTOX injections, brow freezing or crow’s feet freezing treatments to work. At Aquatic Aesthetics, we believe in helping you look great for your age in a completely natural and subtle way. We usually obtain good results after just a single injection.
Treatment usually takes around 20 minutes. If there’s a little bruising, you can easily camouflage it with makeup. There is no downtime and you can resume normal activities right away.
We’ve all seen the photos of celebs with all-too smooth, arched brows or a blank, expressionless face.
If you’re worried about frown lines, crow’s feet, or sagging neck, it’s vital to put yourself in the safest possible hands to ensure the most effective yet natural of differences. The medical practitioners at Aquatic Aesthetics are renowned for natural looking results. Their light-handed ‘sprinkle’ approach involves using tiny, feather-light doses around the hairline to gently soften those unwanted wrinkles and lines.
We will explain everything in detail and make you feel at ease and relaxed on the day of your treatment, knowing you’re in safe, expert and medically qualified hands.
BOTOX has an excellent safety profile with over 2.5 million users to date across the UK, France, Italy, Spain and Germany. The doses are very small and the risks are minimal. If any do occur, they’re temporary and just mild to moderate.
We cannot stress enough how important it is for BOTOX injections to be performed by doctors and nurses with appropriate qualifications and expertise in a clinical setting. The practitioners at Aquatic Aesthetics are highly trained and have vast aesthetics experience.
Many people find their procedure at Aquatic Aesthetics more comfortable than expected. That’s because our medical practitioners are highly skilled and precise, you should merely feel a mild sting on your skin that only lasts seconds. The procedure is simple to perform. Some people may experience slight bruising from the anti-wrinkle injections, but this will go away.
As we get older, it’s natural for wrinkles, brow furrows and forehead lines or a sagging neck to appear. This can often be due to weakened collagen in the skin because of too much sun exposure or natural gravity or because of excess facial movement or due to genetic pre-disposition.
Our facial expressions change because the muscles in the face contract or relax. This is caused by the brain sending signals via our nerve endings that we want to , for example, frown or laugh. When BOTOX is injected into a specific muscle, it blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles in the face.
It reversibly relaxes facial muscles to smooth those unwanted wrinkles and stop deeper lines forming and expected to last for around 3-4 months. When done properly, brow relaxing and crow’s feet relaxing should never lead to a frozen ‘caught-in-the-headlights’ look.
After BOTOX injections, your skin around the area which has been treated will look smooth and less wrinkled, but do not worry, the rest of your face will not be affected. BOTOX allows the untreated areas of your face to move as normal and you will still be able to laugh, smile and frown, but with less wrinkling of the skin in the areas treated.
After a while, most patients will notice that the lines and wrinkles around their treated areas will continue to become less deep and pronounced. This is a result of the BOTOX as the new skin has a chance to grown without being repeatedly creased. Hence, it appears to be smoother on the surface because it has not been creased by constant muscle activity.
BOTOX does not permanently remove wrinkles, it is usually necessary to have a treatment every 3-4 months to maintain and improve upon the original results. It has been proven to be quite safe to have botulinum toxin injections at the above frequency over a period of years.
BOTOX treatment can help by:
- Diminishing the deep creases between your eyebrows, or crow’sfeet and forehead lines.
- Reversing a puckered or pointy chin (known as a ‘witchy chin’) by relaxing the muscle that causes the puckering. It creates a smooth, dimple-free lower face.
- Tightening and redefining the neck and jaw line for an elegant and more youthful look through a ‘Nefertiti Neck Lift’. This is a simple, and usually highly effective procedure without any downtime.
- Treating teeth grinding by relaxing the jaw muscles and reducing tension on the jaw joint.
- Treating excessive sweating (known as ‘Hyperhidrosis’). Injecting into sweat glands in the armpits, hands or feet has had safe, dramatic and life-changing results for many of our patients.
BOTOX is a drug made from Clostridium botulinum bacterium. The BOTOX injection is a purified protein derived from the toxin and is used in both medical and cosmetic procedures to treat conditions such as:
- Chronic migraine
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Overactive bladder
- Smoothing of wrinkles
BOTOX does not contain any animal products. However, like most pharmaceuticals, there is a brief period of animal testing to ensure the treatment is safe for human use.
Your life can proceed as normal following an injection of botulinum toxin, but as with all medical procedures, it is wise to observe the advice of your practitioner as closely as possible to ensure that you get the full benefit of the treatment, free from complications.
Post-treatment advice may include:
- For a few hours after injections actively contract and use the muscles in the treated area. Work your face and practise frowning and smiling! There is some evidence that this helps the treatment to work better by speeding up the absorption of botulinum toxin.
- For a few hours after injections do not rub, or massage the treated area, or undertake vigorous exercise. Avoid any form of facial treatment or massage to reduce the risk of the botulinum toxin spreading to adjacent muscles where it might cause the eyelid to droop.
- Waiting for up to two weeks for the treatment to work fully, so be patient! Most people will find that, even after this period, if they try really hard, they can still move the muscles to a small extent in the area treated. This is quite normal. The aim of the treatment is not to prevent you from moving the muscles in your face, but merely to reduce the number of times that your muscles contract as this is when wrinkles occur.
- Contact us after 14 days, if you find that you can still use the muscles treated to the same extent as before the treatment and you cannot see any apparent improvement, or discuss this with the practitioner at two weeks review after your first treatment so that they can monitor the results.
- Contact us immediately if you experience any drooping of the eyelid or adverse eyebrow position or bruising problems, or infection following treatment.
BOTOX should not be used in women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. The manufacturers have not performed clinical studies in this group, for obvious reasons, although it is not thought to be dangerous to developing babies.
If you are currently trying for a baby, it might be wise to delay any cosmetic treatment.
Patients who have any diseases that affect muscle activity, may not be suitable for botulinum toxin injections. You must discuss this with your practitioner. Your practitioner may also ask you if you have a history of Bell’s palsy as this may affect the dosage that they use.
If you have any bleeding disorders or are taking drugs that affect bleeding time, or certain aminoglycoside antibiotics, your practitioner may advise against treatment.
You should be prepared to tell your practitioner about any medication which you are taking and any allergies you have.